Print page (Opens in a new window)

Current Position: HOME > Information for Residents & Foreigners > Child care & Education > Guide for Foreigners to Newly Enroll in a Municipal Elementa

Guide for Foreigners to Newly Enroll in a Municipal Elementa

  If you are a foreign citizen of Kitakyushu City and would like to newly enroll (or transfer) into elementary school you will need to fill-out an application form at the Resident Division of the Ward Office near your home.

 You will receive a municipal elementary new enrollment guide in the mail if you have a registered address in Kitakyushu as of September 1, 2010 and born as a foreign citizen between April 2, 2004 ~ April 1, 2005.

  If you have received the guide, but have not yet applied or if you came to Kitakyushu and registered your new address after September 2 (you will not receive a guide). If you wish to newly enroll (or transfer) to a Kitakyushu municipal elementary school next spring, please bring your Certificate of Alien Registration card and apply early at the Ward Office near your home.

For more information, please contact the following:

School Services and Financial Assistance Division
Board of Education
TEL: 093-582-2378


International Policy Division,
Planning and Coordination Bureau,
1-1 Jonai, Kokurakita-ku, Kitakyushu 803-8501 JAPAN
Tel: 093-582-2146
(International Calling +81-93-582-2146)
Fax: 093-582-2176